Courses, Apprenticeships And Funding For Personal Trainers
The aim of the Active IQ L3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is to provide the learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to be recognised as a qualified sports massage therapist. The qualification will provide learners with both the skills and knowledge to be able to apply sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue who have no acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- Anatomy & physiology required to be able to apply sports massage
- How to carry out a range of assessments
- How to collect information relating to the clients current condition and status (including the identification of conditions that would be inappropriate for treatment by someone at this level)
- How to distinguish between acute injury and soft tissue dysfunction.
- How to recognise when to defer treatment or when to refer to a more qualified massage or healthcare professional
- How to select appropriate massage techniques for a range of clients
- How to apply sports massage techniques safely and effectively, understanding the potential effects.
This qualification is recognised by the Complementary & Natural Care Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies.
This qualification is also CIMSPA Endorsed and supported by the Sports Massage Association (SMA) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT).
- Multiple-Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
- Learners must be 16+ years of age.
- As an element of communication is involved throughout this course, learners should have good basic skills in communication.
- On completion of the Diploma learners can progress on to the L4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
ITA Funding is accepted on this course
Payment Plans are available on request.