Courses, Apprenticeships And Funding For Personal Trainers
This course is ideal for instructors or personal trainers who are interested in designing exercise programmes for pre and post natal women. The course is taught through blended learning which is a mixture of home study and two attendance days.
The course is made up of two units which are:
Unit one – Physical activity and health considerations for the pre and post natal client
Unit two – Design and implement exercise programmes for the pre and post natal client
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- The benefits of physical activity for pre and post natal clients
- The physiological and biomechanical changes that take part during pregnancy
- The key considerations for pre and post natal clients participating in physical activity
- The nutritional requirements for pre and post natal clients
- How to collect information and select appropriate activities with the pre and post natal client
- How to design an individualised, safe and effective exercise programme for pre and post natal clients
- How to record the individualised exercise programme for the pre and post natal client
- How to identify and manage risks to the pre and post natal client when participating in physical activity
REPS CPD Points: 20 Points
- Portfolio of Evidence
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or Equivalent
Applications must be made two weeks prior to the start of the advertised course dates.
Course Code PPN012
28th, 29th September 2019
Case Study to be Submitted 14th October 2019
ILA Funding is accepted on this course.