Courses, Apprenticeships And Funding For Personal Trainers
The aim of the Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy Qualification is to provide learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to be recognised as a sports therapist and further develop their skills base and competencies, allowing them to treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who wish to pursue or further a career in sports massage, providing sports massage therapy to a wide range of clients, inclusive, but not limited to sports performers, athletes and individuals with pre-diagnosed injuries.
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- The clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning
- How to conduct objective physical assessments
- Neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques used in sports massage
- How to apply effective neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques
- How to utilise soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients
- Treat modalities to support soft tissue repair.
This qualification is recognised by the Complementary & Natural Care Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies.
This qualification is also CIMSPA Endorsed and supported by the Sports Massage Association (SMA) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT)
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
- Learners must be 16+ years of age.
- L3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
On completion of the Diploma learners can progress on to the L4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
This qualification will enable learners to work as sports massage therapists in a variety of organisations, such as sports massage and rehabilitation clinics, complementary health clinics, spas, coaching facilities, health and fitness facilities and sporting organisations/clubs.
ITA Funding is accepted on this course
MSK Therapy Training, Aberdeen (2019)
2nd, 3rd 23rd, 24th February
9th, 10th, 30th, 31st March
20th, 21st April 2019.