Courses, Apprenticeships And Funding For Personal Trainers
About Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting
- Learn the processes and principles of coaching Weight Lifting to adults and children.
- Learn the principles of planning, delivering and evaluating coaching activities in Weight Lifting.
- Learn how to effectively assist more qualified coaches, delivering aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision.
- The course will qualify you to introduce the basic moves of the snatch and clean and jerk.
- The course will qualify you to introduce small group sessions to the basic moves of weight lifting.
Who is it designed for?
The UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting is an entry level course suitable for those who are new to coaching, but have some knowledge of the sport and would like to learn how to apply that in a coaching environment.
Candidates are required to:
- be at least 17 years of age on the first day of the course
- Have some experience of the lifts and weight lifting;
Course Structure & Delivery
The UKCC endorsed Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting will be delivered by an accredited British Weight Lifting tutor. Achievement of the qualification is normally through attendance on a course of training and assessment.
If you would like more information about this course, including the day-by-day schedule, click here to download the information pack.
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING:
This course is delivered over 2 days face to face delivery, plus completion of the e-learning modules. Learners will also be required to complete their learner portfolio to show competency in the other areas.
Select the dates and location of the course you would like to attend below and complete the online application form.
Further information will be sent to attendees prior to the event. This will include e-learning registration, venue information, timings and a course breakdown.
ILA Funding is accepted for this course
£300.00 (BWL Members), £350.00 (Non-BWL Members)
Course Code BWL1018
16th, 17th February 2019
Assessment Date: 17th February
Course Code BWL1019
20th, 21st April 2019
Assessment Date: 21st April 2019
Course Code BWL1020
22nd, 23rd June 2019
Assessment Date: 23rd June 2019
Course Code BWL1021
10th, 11th August 2019
Assessment Date: 11th August 2019
Course Code BWL1022
19th, 20th October 2019
Assessment Date: 20th October 2019