Courses, Apprenticeships And Funding For Personal Trainers
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- how to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- how to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all agesAssessment
REPs CPD Points: 20 points
- multiple choice theory papers
- practical examination
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise (or equivalent)
This course now includes the FTScotland Kettlebell Instructor Qualification.
Applied Nutrition & Supplementation, Exercise Referral or other Level 4 Specialist Courses
ILA Funding is accepted on this course
Normal Rate – £1200.00
Student Rate -£1100.00
A £200 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
Our Gym Instructor and Personal Training package deal is only £1600.00 when booked together.
Payment Plans are available on request from our administration team. Please note that payment plans attract an additional charge.
Applications must be made two weeks prior to the start of the advertised course dates.
Course Code PT0176
3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th August 2019
Assessment Date 21st, 22nd September 2019
Cumbernauld (near Glasgow)
Course Code PT0177
7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th September 2019
Assessment Date 26th, 27th October 2019
Course Code PT0178
2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th November 2019
Assessment Date 14th, 15th December 2019